- It's almost the weekend
- C-man officially does not have whooping cough
- Even better, he woke up this morning with a smile because he finally felt like he's getting better
- We're planning a pre-marathon cheering bloodies and mimosas party on Sunday morning with some friends to cheer on a mutual friend
- Tomorrow's football game was switched to the day instead of the evening, which will be way warmer. Still rainy, but way warmer
September 30, 2016
at 12:55 PM
September 28, 2016
- C-man is still sick. As in coughing and can't catch his breath. I took him to the doctor last night.
- You know, again. A week after the first time when we took him and told the doctor he was sick.
- This time, she said he still wasn't sick enough, and doesn't have bronchitis or pneumonia, which were my fears. But she was convinced he was sick enough to declare it possibly whooping cough.
- He's been fully vaccinated, and there hasn't been a single case in the state. However, she gave him a Z-Pack, so I shut up and took the script. We find out tomorrow if he's Patient Zero.
- This weather is destroying my back. I still haven't gone to the spinal surgeon. It scares me.
- C-man informed his friends at school that I'm JenJentheGreat in Pokemon. They all knew me and my reign of terror over the local Pokegyms. Muahahahaha.
- We all watched every bit of the debate Monday night. It was amazing. I totally felt the Bern, and am still disappointed it went down like it did. But now, I'm so with her, I can hardly stand it. This cannot go down for that idiot pumpkin spiced latte.
- I had my 10 year anniversary at work Monday. I got some nice flowers and some donuts out of it. So that's something.
- Waking up while it's still dark in the morning is a drag. I don't know if I'm ready for this. Even Beasley is tired.
- C-man's game on Saturday got moved to the morning. I prefer that over a cold night game, so that's something. Although, that's when it's supposed to rain.
- We've got our date for teacher conferences. I think this year's meetings are going to be fascinating.
at 1:35 PM
September 25, 2016
C-man's team won 6-0 yesterday. It was a nice defensive battle, and C-man definitely did his part. As the head of defense, Beerman sure was pleased with the outcome.
In other news, today is my 10 year anniversary at work. I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand, I'm grateful and secure and happy. On the other, I never expected to be in one spot for that long, and wonder if I should be disappointed. It's a strange feeling.
And now, Go Pack Go.
at 12:18 PM
September 23, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016
September 17, 2016
I seem to have caught a cold. Imagine that, after being with thousands of people, many of whom were sick, and then forced to sit in an airplane for 3 hours. Oy. I hate colds. But, it didn't slow down C-man's KnightCats 7th grade team for the win. He even got a couple carries of the ball, because they were ahead. And now, it's time to put it in relax.
at 7:07 PM
September 16, 2016
In what I'm dubbing Raccoongate 2016, I raced up north yesterday after Cousin Chad informed me there was a problem.
The hive on the left completely broke apart, and the bees swarmed. Which means they gorged on all the honey they'd stored, left a few behind, and took off to lands unknown. Damn. There are some bees left, but it seems a laying worker has taken over and is laying drones. I put it back together, but am doubtful there's anything left to salvage.
The hive on the right did such a great job gluing their boxes together with their propolis that it was mostly intact. The top super and cover was tossed, but otherwise, they appeared to be okay. I pried the boxes apart, turned it right-side up, and said a little prayer.
I went through the two back hives, and both appear to be doing well. I pulled a super off the hive on the left, as it's time to start decreasing their space as we head into winter. I'm unsure whether I'll harvest it or just give it back in Spring. But for now, it's fine in a tub in the basement.
And now, it's time to head into the weekend. Hope you enjoy yours!
at 3:32 PM
September 11, 2016
We're back in official football season. It was a pretty rough start to the season for this little team. C-man got hurt in the second quarter and was out for the game. It's probably a deep bruise of his inner thigh, but he had to be helped off the field because he couldn't walk on it right after it happened. I'm not interested in seeing THAT happen again, thankyouverymuch. And so, our weekend continues. Time to get to church, mow the lawn, and get ready for the week ahead. I leave for Orlando tomorrow. Guess that means I should do some laundry, too.
at 10:04 AM
September 9, 2016
It's been such an odd week filled with highs and lows and weird happenings. It's left me uncharacteristically scattered and discombobulated. Almost like my feet aren't on the ground, but floating just above it as I drift and flit from one thing to the next, never being able to finish the last thing before I'm forced to move on to the next.
So it's back to meditation with a vengeance. (You know, as much as you can meditate with force.) Meditation has come up over and over for me recently. And I'm taking it as a sign from the universe, (as much as I take signs from the universe) that it needs to re-enter my life with some regularity. There's just too much noise going on all the time, so it's time to find some inner peace.
So don't mind me over here. I'll just be figuring out how to bring it all back to center.
at 9:51 AM
September 6, 2016
It's another crazy week ahead. I've been slowly digressing into a lot of pain again. I had a nice few weeks, but I think my time avoiding the spinal team may be nearing an end. I hate to think of surgery in my future, but I can't live like this either. But who has time for any of it? Football season is upon us. Work travel is heating up for both Beerman and me. And really, let's face it, who wants to do any of this?
One step at a time. Literally.
at 1:54 PM
September 1, 2016
at 10:58 AM