January 28, 2013
And so I need to think of my options. I think I need to try meditation again. Maybe see if I can get into a regular enough habit that it will help the pain management like the studies say it does. I need to switch to tea from so much coffee. And, of course, there is exercise. Hard exercise always helps it. I've always known this, it's just so, well, hard. (At least I have an hour run scheduled in front of the Being Human screen tonight, so that's positive.)
I've got to find a way through this.
at 2:39 PM
January 27, 2013
at 6:37 PM
January 26, 2013
C-man has his infamous pinewood derby race tonight. Beerman took the car early to test it as he helped the other leaders set up the track, so I don't have a photo of it yet. But it's the Green Machine, and the weights are buried inside it so as to not make last year's mistake of having them drag on the track.
The fish tank is completely filled with fresh water. I'm not totally sure what's happening, but there's been a lot of plumbing time (when there hasn't been car building time) downstairs. I think they are connected.
I went to see Silver Linings Playbook with some friends last night. It was a great night. We had some wine, giggled a lot, and then watched 90 minutes of Bradley Cooper.
I really need to get out of this style of blogging about randomness and find my voice again. I just haven't felt like it lately - it feels like I'm being split in too many directions lately. This blog is really reflective of that. Just one more thing to put on the to-do list - find voice.
at 3:32 PM
January 25, 2013
I'm hoping to get outside a bit this weekend now that it's a livable temperature again. We have to restock our geocache since people have taken stuff and not traded for it. Frustrating, but I'm trying to keep in mind that people are learning how to geocache with ours, and that's at least a good thing.
Tomorrow is C-man's Cub Scout pinewood derby race. Let's all send some good thoughts for the car to be fast!
And with that, enjoy your Friday!
at 9:12 AM
January 24, 2013
One of this year's resolutions was to learn how to beekeep. Beerman is a bit puzzled by that, since he's highly allergic, but I just won't do it near him. Anyhow, I have been in touch with the lady who teaches the classes, and it seems they will start in March. Yippee!
This complete lack of sun is killing me. While we have a spring break trip to look forward to, it seems desperately far off. Speaking of that trip, we really need to buy those tickets. I think we're heading to Turkey. Maybe a stop off in France. We'll see how it works out money and schedule-wise.
I bought Frogger for the X-Box last night. I love it. C-man can't figure out why anyone would play such a crappy game.
My back is killing me. I had a massage last night, and it was good like always, except my mind was racing and I just could not calm down. I am going to try to focus on calming my brain down this weekend because the speed of it is killing me.
We have C-man's initial First Eucharist meeting tonight. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do for 2 hours to tell me my kid needs to buy a suit and not chew it visibly, but I'm feeling a lot of songs coming on. We're shooting for having him do it on the May 4th evening mass for anyone who is coming, by the way. Note to self - Figure out invites.
I also have to get C-man's valentines done. I think I've figured out what I'm going to do, I just need to do it. Like a lot of things, I guess.
The fish tank is about a third filled with fresh water. I'm told once it's full, it will run for a few days. Then we'll drain it and do it all over again, but with salt water, once everything is plumbed the way it needs to be. Progress.
at 12:43 PM
January 22, 2013
Happy 47 years, Mom and Dad!
At the risk of talking about the weather (which I absolutely hate doing), holy shite it's cold! It's so brutal, the top layer of my hot coffee froze into ice on my way in from my car to the building this morning. Now THAT'S cold!
I ran for an hour last night in front of Being Human. It's doable, but I could really use some more core strength to help me out. Being Human is taking an unexpected turn, and I'm liking it.
Beerman started to put water in the fish tank last night. It's only water, and not salt water, so will need to be removed once we are sure it doesn't leak. But it's tangible progress. We're getting somewhere, people!
I ordered a few dresses from Mod Cloth for the upcoming church auction. I hope one of them works out. A bummer that I'll probably have to go solo, because Beerman will probably be in Poland, but oh well. Such is life. Hopefully they can do double-duty for first communion, too.
I could really use some sun in my life. I think it would change my whole disposition.
at 2:37 PM
January 20, 2013
Harry got a run and a bath, I scrubbed the bathrooms' grout, Beerman worked on the fish tank, the laundry is done, and I made up my Dr Oz green drink and my cinnamon cashew spread for my apples for my snacks at work for the week. It is so cold, I can't seem to get warm. (Seriously, -35 windchill is inhumane) It's a night for short ribs, red wine, and Downton Abbey, for sure. I really live the high life some days.
at 4:39 PM
January 19, 2013
January 18, 2013
- I have a facial scheduled tomorrow. That is amazing.
- Beerman is putting water in the fish tank this weekend. So we'll either see him drunk with happiness or lying on the floor in the fetal position crying (if it leaks). Either way, it'll be a good show.
- C-man has found a true love for reading. Or it's just a love for competition because he gets to "book talk" his latest book each Friday and whoever does the most gets a prize. Either way, I am so happy about it, I don't even care that he still had his lamp on at 9:30 last night.
- Last minute flights to Cancun are under $500. Not that I'm going, but thinking about the sun is really, really nice at least. I'm hoping to get some time in the pool this weekend. It's not sunny, but at least it'll make me think I'm somewhere nice. Until the old man with the hairy back swims past me, but whatever.
- Have I mentioned it's Friday? Oh boy, that is awesome.
at 9:43 AM
January 17, 2013
January 16, 2013
We have no snow. I really have not taken many photos lately. I've got to get on that.
This week has been so long. The cold is awful, I don't think he medicine is doing anything, and the miserable overpacked workweek are just making it a big drag. I so struggle with waking up and only wanting the week to pass, though. Because what am I hoping for? For life to pass me by? To not enjoy what I have today? That doesn't seem quite right either. A friend recently said she is 'choosing joy' because things have been so rough. I like that thought. The simple fact that I have no photos to show for the recent days proves I haven't been choosing joy.
Time to get on that. And working out. And smiling more. I need some joy, damnit.
at 1:36 PM
January 14, 2013
- I totally missed Downton Abbey last night. Dangit! I have Netflix, Hulu Plus and HBO Go, but the only way to get a free PBS show is via iTunes. Illegal streaming it is.
- The season premiere of Being Human starts tonight. Since we can't stream it, I need to go to the gym. Double win.
- In non-TV-related news, I started on a new
toxic coctkailmedicine today - Simponi. We'll see if this one does anything miraculous. I'm not counting on it.
- Friends were bragging about how delicious the Dr. Oz green drink is, so I went and got all the ingredients and made it. Healthy, yes. Everyone who walks by my desk makes an "Ew" or equivalent thereof. Kind of how I feel about it too.
- I maxed out my FSA plan last year, because I was on medication that was $5000 a month. Then I went down to a medication that cost $5 a month. I was all mad that I was leaving so much in there. And then I remembered - acupuncture gets reimbursed. Score! Between that and C-man's speech therapy, we won't be in horrible shape with it.
- C-man has his first play practice today. It's a musical, so I doubt he'll get a role. But that's okay. He's really excited about being involved. After all, what's better than a children's musical about space?
at 3:13 PM
January 13, 2013
January 11, 2013
at 10:53 AM
January 10, 2013
- I really need to take some new pictures if I am resorting to photos I never shared from Japan!
- Work has reversed from suck to blow lately. (Spaceballs fans anyone?) Lots of work, and I have a feeling it is going to be for nothing. I would like to be independently wealthy please.
- C-man has speech and judo tonight. Since Beerman is in Chicago, I am just hoping I get dinner before 10 pm.
- Beerman confirmed he is going to Poland next month. Without me. Argh! Shake fists at the sky! How am I supposed to finish my death march tour without a trip to Poland?
- I conquered Kingdom for Keflings in under a week. And that is why I cannot be allowed to play building type video games. I obsess until I end it.
- Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet Jesus that is awesome.
at 5:32 PM
January 9, 2013
- I went to the rheumatologist today. He didn't get nearly as mad at me as I thought he would for pulling myself off everything. In fact, he was fine with it - happier still that I'd gotten myself off the prednisone. So now I go back in on Monday post-a gazillion vials of bloodwork to start on medication #6. I don't remember the saying being "Sixth time's the charm", but whatever.
- Before the doctor, I went to have breakfast with a friend. While driving down the lake, there was the most beautiful sunrise. When I used to do bootcamp, I saw that every day, and it was amazing. It almost makes me want to go back. Oh, the problem with inertia really is getting started, isn't it.
- The plant nursery sent me all the stuff for this year's school plant sale fundraiser. I can't believe it's getting to be that time already.
- Beerman got a Lindt chili dark chocolate bar from St. Nick. He hasn't eaten it all, and yet, it mysteriously disappeared while I worked from home today. I hate when that happens.
at 5:17 PM
January 8, 2013
We couldn't watch Notre Dame last night because we don't have ESPN. All the well. It would have made me ill to watch the SEC roll over them. Totally expected, but still barf.
C-man had judo last night. Man, he loves judo. H was also quite thrilled that the author of the Origami Yoda series commented on the blog for him. Won't that be a bragging right at this week's book talk in class!
I am ornery. The pain coupled with lack of sleep from the pain is annoying. I have a massage tomorrow night. Here's hoping it helps.
at 9:02 AM
January 6, 2013
I haven't taken any photos this week. I don't know why, but just don't feel it. Harry and I have had a lot of park time together, and I felt more like walking than photographing anything. So there you have it: pre-haircut C-man shots.
So many people are sick around me, coughing and throwing up and everything else unmentionable, that I have pulled myself off the drugs in the hope that keeping my immune system awake will help me stay away from it all. (I am sure my rheumatologist will be thrilled with my decision made without him, but whatever - it's my body) But in doing so, it means I am feeling the full weight of the arthritis. Decidedly unfun.
C-man discovered the Origami Yoda series, and got a book light for Christmas. The combination has turned him into a bonafide reader. Hallelujah! I never thought this day would come, and now we have to tell him to stop reading and go to bed. I think he has had a cognitive jump recently, too, which would also explain the voracious appetite. Whatever it is, I am thankful.
Today is epiphany. During which C-man informed us that there is nothing in the bible saying there were three kings. (Probably a king and an enterougue is more like it!) I am glad he teaches me what I am supposed to know about this stuff. I am such a crappy Catholic.
Downton Abbey starts tonight again. I am so thrilled I can hardly stand it. (That is the nerd alarm going off)
I bought red velvet cupcakes for dinner. I am not even going to food journal it. Suck it, Weight Watchers!
at 7:50 PM
January 5, 2013
at 12:18 PM
January 4, 2013
January 3, 2013
January 2, 2013
- Oh goody. We're back to work. Not even Harry was interested in getting up. Thank God it's only a 3-day work week.
- I scheduled a massage tonight as my reward for getting through the day. Well that, and my fingers are giant summer sausages.
- Hopefully it'll help me get ready to stand on my feet and teach an 8 hour class on Friday. I am really not looking forward to that.
- C-man has speech over his judo class time tomorrow. He is not going to like missing judo. I'm going to have to see if we can move speech to another day.
- The Fiscal Cliff talk sure was a whole lot of nothing. And here I was expecting a whole week of political rambling and ranting. I feel totally cheated.
- Is it naptime yet?
at 10:55 AM