- It was 41 degrees this morning. How are my bees going to make enough honey for 0the winter if it is already close to freezing?
- I have to pick a kitchen wall paint color and backsplash. I am so bad at this.
- What's difficult is Beerman has requested I not do the teeny tiny tile backsplash I really like because it's harder to clean.
- I'll be really glad when it's all decided and done and I love it. Because I'm going to love it. Every. Damned. Decision.
- It's half way to the weekend. I miss the Geico camel.
September 17, 2014
at 9:26 AM
September 16, 2014
- My right eye has been twitching for several days. I'm one 'youbetcha' and a family snowmobile brawl away from being Sarah Palin
- I got assigned to run the scoreboard and time for one of C-man's football games. Um... Could there be a worse person to do that?
- I had my winterizing my beehives lesson last night. I pretty much learned I shouldn't take any of their honey and should start feeding them again. Darnit.
- There is a release date for the next James Bond movie. That makes me happy.
- Anytime this weird low weather front wants to move on, I wouldn't mind. I don't know what I'm chugging more - ibuprofen or antacids.
- Football picture day for C-man tomorrow. Now the big question is, which socks will he wear?
- They're wearing pink socks in October, and he's thrilled because it'll match his already pink skull cap and mouth guard.
- There really isn't enough coffee in the world.
at 9:51 AM
September 15, 2014
- After last night's complete lack of sleep due to pain, I am thoroughly motivated to try something new. And despite my 3 a.m. tears and vow to go back to the doctor, my minimally more coherent and highly caffeinated mind thinks pharmaceuticals are the wrong way to go. I think I've got to do a stupid cleanse again. Not that it helped me with the arthritis all that much, but it dropped a bunch of weight so I could move easier. And that definitely helps. Ack.
- My fall harvest bee class is tonight. I've been really excited for this class, but wish it weren't tonight because I'm so tired.
- I think I need to get up to my bees next weekend to steal any honey I'm going to take and set them up for winter.
- We have a mudroom framed out in the kitchen, and the electrical work is almost done. Bring on the duct work!
- So far, while it's not great having my kitchen torn up, it hasn't been the worst thing in the world. After all, I am getting a new kitchen out of this deal. It's kind of hard to complain about that.
- I signed up for the Jingle Bell Walk for Arthritis again. November 2nd. Let's do this thing!
- I wonder if anyone would notice if I napped under my desk today?
at 11:13 AM
September 14, 2014
September 13, 2014
It was a big win day for the Nicolet Jr Knights. They beat the Mequon team whose high school it feeds always wins state tournaments. So that was nice.
C-man was tough, and made some good tackles. One even forced a fumble. (They recovered it, but still, pretty darned cool).
In other news, the kitchen is getting framed out for the mudroom. Tomorrow, it's floor ordering and baseball watching.
at 6:16 PM
September 12, 2014
I'm not typically an incredibly nostalgic person. I like moving forward. I like learning new things. I like thinking about what's possible. So maybe it's the change of seasons. Maybe it's some of the things that have been happening around me. Maybe it's seeing my kid race out to the bus, all arms and legs and muscley boy with deodorant in his bag for gym class.
But I've been feeling quite, well, nostalgic. The kind where I wonder how things would be different if I could go back and do it differently. The kind where I miss having so much in front of me that there simply was no back to look at and question if it was the right path.
This is a new feeling for me, because this isn't typically who I am and what I'm about. And I've never been one of those, "Everything happens for a reason" people. But like everything, it's a transition I suppose I need to embrace. Because there are no mulligans in life. That's probably for the best, after all.
at 9:49 AM
September 11, 2014
- Oh my gosh, the Brewers actually won last night. As the saying goes, even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.
- I don't understand all these "Thank our Vets" messages today. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all complaining about those who serve in the military. I'm just confused at why, all these years later, we continue to confuse our military with an act of terrorism.
- It's almost unfathomable that it's been 13 years since that day happened.
- C-man has speed and agility class tonight. Tuesday night after this class, even though he was all sweaty, he decided he hadn't worked out enough and went for another 1/2 mile run after. We'll see what happens tonight.
- I really need to start working out, too. He is unknowingly shaming me with all this activity.
- The fall harvest session for my beekeeping class is Monday night. I'm so glad I get to go and ask a bunch of questions. I'm quite nervous about my winter preparation and if these bees have enough stores, especially since it was in the 40s this morning!
- Tonight is band instrument pick out night. I thought we had another year before this started. C-man is leaning toward a trumpet. At least I'd be able to help him, I guess.
at 11:35 AM