I slept in, took Beasley for a walk, and then
April 30, 2016
April 28, 2016
- I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I had a 4 hour stretch of sleep last night and didn't need Vicodin. So that's a win.
- Although allergies are totally kicking my butt, and sleep is still terrible. One thing at a time, I suppose.
- C-man had a baseball game last night. They lost due to some errors. But the team is respectable, and C-man is totally loving playing. It doesn't hurt that he is hitting well and made a really great catch in center field.
- He has a game again tonight. It was so cold last night, I'm sort of wishing for a rainout.
- I did just tell him last night that he had to choose between a game and his school Spring concert. 3 guesses which one he chose. And 3 more guesses at how long he deliberated on that very difficult decision.
- C-man has off school tomorrow. Of course he does. After all, it's Friday. Seriously, what the hell...
- At least Beerman is home again. For now.
- I should really go see my bees this weekend, but I don't know if I'm going to. I'm really subscribing to the less is more philosophy, and they're going to do their thing with or without me. The only problem is I won't get there the following weekend either if I don't go. Guess I should just bite the bullet and get up there on Sunday.
- Which means I need to reschedule my massage. Damn.
- It's the Packers draft tonight. I'm guessing that'll be our post-baseball game activity.
- I'm going to turn 40 next week. How the hell did that happen?
- I finally feel like I'm getting caught up at work after our vacation. Man, that takes a long time.
- I would like some cake.
at 11:31 AM
April 26, 2016
- I'm exhausted. The arthritis pain has been so stupid, I'm only getting sleep in up to 2 hour increments.
- C-man plays baseball tomorrow and Thursday against 2 really good teams. We don't have super high hopes for his team this year.
- I'm in charge of dinner tonight. Pizza rolls it is!
- Game of Thrones is back, and I'm thrilled. So is Outlander, which is also exciting. It'll make up for the Vikings being almost over. Gah! So much good TV!
- I'm trying to get off the sugar again. I took a break from my sugar break during vacation. It's definitely time to get back on it.
- Allergies are kicking my butt right now. I've got to take more medicine.
- I almost can't take any more of the political talk on Facebook. I know who I'm voting for. I don't really care who you vote for.
- Speaking of Facebook, if you feel the need to share more than 2 links or videos in an hour, step away from the computer.
- Trip Advisor keeps sending me updates for places to see in New Zealand because I reviewed things there. Um, Trip Advisor- that's not very helpful.
- My back still hurts from being burned in Fiji. What the hell?
at 3:35 PM
April 23, 2016
Today was a nice day. I got some housework done. Beasley got to go to the park. And we got to cheer C-man and the Nationals on during opening day. C-man struck out, walked, and got a huge bomb to right field for what should have been a triple (he stopped at second). Unfortunately, he hurt his thumb while catching, so we're icing and watching that. I'm really hoping he didn't do anything bad during his first game out! The good news is we're back to loving baseball again. (During wrestling season, we liked wrestling and 'hated' baseball),
Ahhh... Summer's so close, I can taste it!
at 9:14 PM
April 22, 2016
- My hive that came with the dead queen will not be replaced. The only option they gave me is to give me a new queen. Which was a stupid option. Since A) I'd have to get it in Appleton instead of Sheboygan, where I picked up my bees, (A point 2 - That's still a 1.5 hour drive, plus the additional hour to Coleman and then all the way back) B) The hive had already been queenless for who knows how long and I shouldn't have had to guess whether they'd stick around, and C) I had no way of knowing they were going to have a spare queen to just give to me even if I could get to Appleton to get her. So, so dumb. Honey Bee Ware is sooo off my list of places to buy from or ever recommend. I told them so, but I'm not sure they care.
- I think I'm about 2 hours jetlagged now. I am having a hard time getting to sleep until midnight, and am awake around 4 a.m. It's getting closer...
- C-man starts baseball tomorrow. We went to his personal training session last night in an effort to get him up to speed after the practices he'd missed. It looks like he'll play first base and catch on Saturday. At least it's not nearly as nerve-wracking as wrestling.
- Beasley was groomed - aka shaved down - this week. Something happens to him when he loses all his hair. It's like the sass can come out that much easier.
- C-man has taken to running Beasley when he gets home from school. They both love that.
- I'm the adult champion for the Milwaukee Jingle Bell Walk this year. Which I guess means I'm the poster child for pain? Regardless, get ready for the donation asks and to mark November 13th on your calendars. I need a big team!
- I got my hairs highlighted last night. Man, it's nice to get rid of those grays.
- Sunday, I have a massage scheduled. Yes, please.
at 1:05 PM