April 28, 2015
Spoiler Alert: This is not a positive post.
There are times when the physical pain is just almost too much to bear. Lately, it's been too much. I can't sleep. I can't move. Food doesn't even taste good. I need to get some weight off, which would help with the pain, but movement brings tears to my eyes. I don't think it's ever been this bad. I'm just totally exhausted. Sigh. Time to see a new doctor and see if I can get a different answer.
at 9:10 AM
April 27, 2015
April 25, 2015
at 2:12 PM
April 24, 2015
It's Friday. I'd planned on working from home, which was a great decision because, well, working from home is great. But also because C-man isn't feeling well. Something is going around at school, so I gave him an ibuprofen and tucked him back into bed for the day. I'm hoping it's something he can sleep off and isn't too contagious. Because, of course, while Beerman was away last night, he crawled in bed and snored on top of me all night.
In other news, it's the weekend. Which means after baseball practice and a birthday party C-man is supposed to have his first baseball games, barring it doesn't snow like is in the forecast. (Yikes!) Sitting on those bleachers is going to be miserable. If he even gets to any of that... pending how he's feeling.
Oh, the joys of Spring. But at least it's Friday. Glorious, glorious Friday.
at 8:31 AM
April 23, 2015
- C-man got his cast off yesterday. Boy, was he thrilled.
- We celebrated with a Snickers Blizzard. Because really, what else says celebrate your cast free day like Snickers and ice cream?
- His scrimmage was cancelled due to the cold. Happy Earth Day.
- Tonight he has the rescheduled scrimmage. Which is good, because he'll be able to play.
- He hasn't hit a ball in almost a year. This could be interesting.
- My bees aren't coming this weekend. Cold weather in the West coast is delaying their arrival.
- While a little sad, overall I'm okay with it, since it's been so cold.
- Also, because it means I get to see C-man's Saturday baseball game before driving north. That makes me happy.
- Did you see the people who got sick at the Ohio church potluck? I'm very sorry for them, but seriously, I told you so. Casseroles and potlucks are disgusting. Just say no.
- I have photos of places I've been all over my work area. They're old. I need new ones.
- We're looking at the Traverse City area for summer vacation. But that's a long time yet. I need something sooner.
- You'd never know I was already on vacation this month.
- I think this shoulder is exhausting me. I'm glad it's almost the weekend.
at 3:42 PM
April 21, 2015
- This is C-man's favorite dog at the dog park. Her name is Penny. She was a rescue, and now prefers to lay around and have her soft ears and tummy rubbed. Lucky for her, C-man is more than happy to oblige.
- The other day, C-man had about 5 dogs around him, all with their bellies in the air to be rubbed. So much for the owners' plans to get their dogs exercised.
- Beasley was not one of those dogs because he was too busy racing around the park like a maniac.
- Tomorrow's supposed to be the day the cast comes off for good. I don't know what we're going to do if it has to stay on.
- This weekend is opening weekend of Little League baseball. Having a cast on is not an option.
- It's also bee weekend. As in, I get three 3 pound packages of bees and 3 queens to put in my hives.
- I still have to set up my new hive, which also means I still need to get some weed block and mulch. Oh, so much to do!
- In the meantime, I need to get through this week. This lame, sleety, cold, nasty, work week. Ugh. Come on, weekend!
at 10:35 AM