May 23, 2015
May 22, 2015
May 21, 2015
- I needed a show to watch, and Bev is always taking about Outlander, so I thought I'd try it. I binged through Season 1 in 3 days.
- Season 2 is out, but you can't stream it. It's killing me. I need my Outlander now!
- Beerman finally made it home at 5:30 a.m. today. While aesthetically nice, the Denver airport really is a POS when it comes to moving you through it.
- I have tomorrow off because it's the school's Junior Olympics. That's always fun to watch.
- It's supposed to be crummy weather this weekend, unfortunately.
- While I'd like summer activities to really begin, I'm also looking forward to some TV and laziness.
- I think Beerman and I are planning on going out to eat one night to celebrate our anniversary.
- I guess I should find a place for C-man to sleep over, if he hasn't already lined something up for himself.
- Tretar means threefill in Swedish. Like, I need a tretar on my coffee. Totally appropriate for today.
- I have lunch out today. I love that.
- I'm hoping to take some good photographs this weekend. Non-baseball photographs, if you believe that.
- Although we have to go wrestling shoe shopping. Apparently his foot grew since March.
at 11:56 AM
May 20, 2015
The A's lost in a heart breaker last night against the top team in the league. They were ahead by one. The other team's best batter was up. He popped up foul twice, and C-man missed them both. Then that kid lined out to the middle of next week, scoring a runner and himself, ending the game. It was controversial, because the first runner didn't touch third and the ump was totally terrible. The loss wasn't C-man's fault, of course. There were strikeouts and errors throughout the game. It just would've been nice to have taken that one as a W. Oh well. We had Dr Dawg after and I didn't make him shower until this morning. Always a positive in his world.
In other news, it's only Wednesday. Sheez. What a long week this has been.
at 9:04 AM
May 19, 2015
- It's my wedding anniversary to Beerman today. 14 successful years.
- He's in Denver.
- I did get roses and chocolate covered strawberries. So that was nice.
- C-man has a baseball game and baseball photos tonight.
- I'll have to leave work again to make it in time.
- One day I'll be able to make a whole work day.
- It'd also be nice if I could sleep the whole night. That hasn't happened for so long, it doesn't even seem like a reality anymore.
- A wrestling mom asked me to make up two collages for her boys.
- I didn't know I'd still be editing photos in May. But they're good people, so it's not a real complaint.
- C-man is wrestling on Sundays now. He came home a giant ball of sweat and all bruised up and declared it the best wrestling practice ever.
- I do not understand this boy stuff.
at 10:40 AM
May 18, 2015
Some day, schools will be in touch with reality. But for now, they still schedule band concerts on Mondays at 1 p.m. C-man, of course, expects us to be there, so I dutifully made my way home to watch them gut out When the Saints Go Marching In. It's not like I wanted to work today anyway, right?
at 2:24 PM
May 17, 2015
Last night was the annual game at Helfaer Field, this year under the lights. The A's lost, but it was okay. They beat this same team earlier in the week. So there was that. Plus, Beerman was pitching kids who had never pitched before, and playing kids where they wouldn't otherwise play because the game doesn't count. Kind of an experience thing. The other team was playing its best kids in their positions. So that was cool.
C-man was totally distracted and nervous because Cousin Kyle was there. He finally settled in and made some solid defensive plays, and then pulled a double off in his last at bat.
A cute night, as always. And now, it's a rainy Sunday and I've got to get the dog to the park. I should be checking on my bees, but the weather and the drive put me off. So off to the park, and then it's chick flicks all afternoon!
at 12:12 PM