- We had Parent-Teacher conferences this morning. It's really nice to listen to other people talk so nicely about your kid.
- What I found most interesting was the types of things he was being praised for - ability to work through conflict, maturity in not getting caught up in petty things, collaborating with others - are things he's had some pretty intense experience with in his sports teams.
- It's nice to think about that side of things, when I'm reading all those articles about the potential brain damage from the sub-concussive hits.
- I have tomorrow off. I thought I'd have a half-day, but then learned work gives us a half-day. So now I'm using my half-day to give me a full-day. I'm very happy about that.
- We have a funeral this weekend for Beerman's paternal grandmother.
- She was a nice lady. I just wish there wasn't such weirdness with this side of the family.
- There's all this push at work for togetherness and team building. Bleh.
- I've decided reply-all and group Facebook messages are the devil.
- I'm really ready for the vacation, even if it is for Thanksgiving. I'm ready to be home with the family.
- I'm hoping to get us to a Christmas market this week. I have never done one, and they are popping up all over.
November 24, 2015
at 1:30 PM
November 23, 2015
It's only Monday, and I'm already a little stressed about the whole week. Maybe if I had warm memories of Thanksgiving as a kid. Or it didn't mean Black Friday craziness at work. I know I'm one of the few, but if I could erase this holiday altogether, I would. At least I'll get to put my sugar on the bees. And C-man is a cribbage fiend now, so that'll be fun, too. Focusing on the good things. Focusing on the good.
at 2:50 PM
November 22, 2015
It was a nice, lazy, wintry Sunday around here. C-man went to a friend's house, and Beerman made chili. That gave me the time to get my act together, pull out the green screen, and start shooting the family for our annual Christmas card. It was Beasley's first year on the Rysewyk card. He tolerated it well, but took his own union-mandated breaks in-between. I shot that, too, of course.
This process was very sweet, and I was happy to get this year's card done. But it reminded me it was exactly a year ago that we lost sweet Harry to the Rainbow Bridge in the sky. I think I'll forever miss those sweet brown eyes. It also makes me incredibly thankful to have this big gregarious Beasley in our lives.
And now, Go Pack Go!
at 5:26 PM
November 19, 2015
- C-man is all scheduled for ski club at school. It's hard to believe it's ski club time.
- It's another potluck at work today. I think other people are getting tired of these, because there isn't nearly as much food there today.
- I made a yellow cake. From a box. Because I had no time. It was gone in mere minutes.
- Someone brought poached pears in mustard and bacon. Now that was actually worth it.
- I've been quite dependent on my coffee lately and not drinking enough water. Time to reverse that trend. Except now I have to pee all the time.
- Classmates keeps sending me emails asking if I know these people. Um... no? Geez. High School was a long time ago. And to be honest, I didn't like the people then. What difference is 20+ years going to do?
- C-man wants a Hoverboard for Christmas. This seems like a really bad idea to me.
- It's going to snow this weekend. It'll be good for my bees, at least, so they stop eating their stores of honey.
- But it also means I have to get my act together on hats and boots and matching mittens. Where do all those right-handed mittens go anyway?
- I'm following the Brewers trades today. It makes me happy to think about Spring.
- We have our Fiji-New Zealand travel figured out. Now to figure out those last two days in Fiji that we no longer have a room for.
- I think we're going to get moved to a Hilton on the island instead. It's a better place at a lower cost than we'd pay otherwise, so it makes sense.
- One more day of work to go...
at 2:59 PM