January 26, 2015
- Finding a dog that we want for our home and who wants us is proving to be more difficult than I'd thought.
- I keep getting spam for a program that touts itself as the Netflix of Books. Isn't that just the library?
- C-man is slowly getting better with this sinus infection and bronchitis thing, which is positive.
- Speaking of C-man, I've been thinking I should get him in a guided imagery class. He gets so impossibly sick to his stomach sick before matches, I think it'd be really good for him. Now to find one for kids...
- Is it the weekend yet? Because it already feels like it should be.
at 12:20 PM
January 25, 2015
Today, we woke up at the crack of dawn with Racine as our destination.
He wrestled really hard and the improvement from last week was once again impressive.
And thankfully, it started out with a 17-10 win. (Yeah, not a ton of defense going on there!)
The next match was a really great one that had people who were entirely uninvolved with either kid commenting on what a great match it was. Unfortunately, C-man was on the wrong end of the 2-4 decision.
The final match was against a kid who was truly good. He was behind the whole way, but fought really hard. He ended up getting pinned with a mere 4 seconds left in the match.
Despite that, he really did do a tremendous job today. It just may take him a day or two to realize it.
at 6:20 PM
January 24, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 22, 2015
- C-man is home sick today.
- We went to the walk in clinic last night, and he has a sinus infection and the beginnings of bronchitis. But at least no fever!
- Winter 2014-15 is the season of antibiotics, apparently.
- The good news is it gives me a day to be able to slow down too, and kick this crud before it kicks me.
- My parents are celebrating their 49th anniversary today. (Congrats, Mom and Dad!) Not to state the obvious, but... wow.
- C-man's wrestling club is hosting its own tournament on 3/8. Of course, it requires many parents to volunteer to help.
- 6 people showed up for the planning meeting. There are over 50 kids in the program. It's so disgusting.
- So now I'm trying to get local restaurants to advertise and donate. It's like whiplash flashing back to my horrible non-profit days. But I guess someone has to do it.
- I also have to start planning the winter carnival at C-man's school.
- How do I get roped into all of these horrible volunteer things?
- Having C-man come home on the bus after school with a sitter waiting has proven to be a huge hit. He's happier, his homework is getting done, and things aren't nearly as rushed. It's been good.
- I am so, so, so missing Harry. I need another dog. But none of them are Harry.
- This weekend we're back to skiing and wrestling. Such is my life.
at 12:04 PM