May 21, 2013
at 1:01 PM
May 20, 2013
- C-man won his game on Saturday, lost by one run on Sunday. He went 5-5 on Saturday and 3-3 on Sunday. Not too shabby.
- We went out to eat on Saturday night at the local Turkish restaurant for our anniversary. C-man came with us. So awesome that we could walk around the restaurant, look at the pictures, and he could identify each of the places. The food was pretty great too, so all in all, a nice night out.
- Harry has been super duper slow lately. He had a tick on him, and I'm worried he has erlichia. Doesn't change his oppressiveness about going to the park each day, of course.
- The plant sale has sadly, not made much money yet this year. I don't think it's worth continuing with it, which is a shame, because it really had such potential. I'm hoping people buy more this week to boost sales. At least we didn't lose any money, because THAT would have been tragic.
- I think I agreed to organize the host family program for the school next year. At least it isn't VP of Home and School. Ugh. That would have been truly awful.
- I got a Nook for Mother's Day, and I am a bit embarassed to say how much I like it. I just pre-ordered the English Girl, and it's so much cheaper. Sorry, paper...
- A naturalist friend is doing distance reiki on me tonight. I have no idea if this will work, but nothing else seems to, so I figured it couldn't hurt.
- Someone won the lottery this weekend, so I guess it's time to start playing. My odds are better when it's lower, right?
at 2:08 PM
May 18, 2013
at 12:43 PM
May 17, 2013
And now, let the real weekend begin...
at 4:44 PM
May 15, 2013
C-man had his school's Spring concert last night. It was a circus-themed concert, and he got to be a magician. He was supposed to have a big opening line, but the older kids got in his way and crowded him out, so he unfortunately couldn't deliver it.
He tried out for the solo in Sad Clown, and didn't get it. Again. The child inherited my singing ability, that no amount of voice lessons will cure. But we have decided that he has his whole life to get beaten down, so aren't sharing that news with him quite yet. And the kid who did get it most definitely deserved it.
The hula hoopers went about 2 minutes too long. And I'll never understand why any music teacher needs to share the assault that is the recorder with the world. But other than that, it was super, super cute.
at 9:42 AM