- After tomorrow, C-man is done with his favorite 6-week summer camp for the season, and he moves on to a new one. Wow, that went fast.
- I didn't know I could love Legolas any more than I already did.
- It was 48 degrees for my bees this morning. On the last day of July. That's ridiculous.
- I don't know how I'm going to explain the Cespedes trade to C-man. He's going to be a little crushed.
- It's been a terrible summer for movie releases. I haven't wanted to go see a single one. Bummer.
- I started looking for a Packers game date to get tickets. They're already priced at over $200 a ticket. Sheesh!
- In good news, it's almost the weekend and we have no significant plans.
- C-man is invited to a birthday party and the request was for gift cards to local restaurants to donate to the Children's Hospital families. I thought that was awesome.
- Way better than a kid I know who told me he invited a bunch of kids to his party just so he could get a ton of presents.
- I've been interviewing a ton of people lately, many of whom have major errors on their resumes. How is that even possible?
- I want to go geocaching this weekend. We haven't gone all summer.
- Right after the farmers market. I adore the farmers market.
- I hope my bee man is at the market. I want to chat with him again about my hives.
July 31, 2014
at 10:55 AM
July 30, 2014
My recurring ulcer is all flarey-flarey. The rain is causing crushing pain to my back. My skin is gross. My head hurts. So pretty much, I'm a mess.
And so, I'm half-ass cleansing again this week. (You know, before I kill it all at State Fair) I'm cutting out the sugar, replacing my lunch with a gross shake, and having only one cup of coffee per day. It's a less drastic way to go than the full out not eating for 10 days nonsense. I'm hoping I still see results, because this is a much more palatable way to go about it for me.
at 8:45 AM
July 29, 2014
I feel like griping and complaining. Iraq's constant coverage, the reasons for the nonexistent Syria coverage, unstoppable ebola outbreaks, Putin, Pakistani riots, my back... But putting that negativity in its fullest form out to the universe (wow, does that ever sound hippy dippy!) seems like a bad idea.
So here are 10 happy things:
- My bees are cooking along extremely well. Beatrix is a mess, but that's okay. They're really happy. And happy bees make happy honey.
- Coffee with half and half is so delicious. (I think that's always on the top 10 list!)
- Alba's pore-fecting face mask
- Reading the latest Gabriel Allon book
- Graphic t-shirts. My favorite is a new one that just says, "Hello"
- An invitation to another team's breakfast potluck. All the food, and none of the work
- Wear whatever you want to work dress code
- A sunny walk on the beach
- A meeting-less afternoon I'm going to spend working from home
- My musical shower head
at 10:52 AM
July 28, 2014
- C-man is home again after a weekend up north with his cousins. He was all huggy and happy. And then he was overtired and ornery. That homecoming honeymoon was short-lived.
- This ebola thing scares me. More than the-Russians-are-going-to-nuke-us fear in the 80s.
- Bats scare me, too. And there's always at least one hanging out in my sun umbrella and flies out when I open it. Shudder.
- During my childhood, there were bats in the house. All the time. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and feel them swoop over me. Shudder. ACK! I don't care how good they are, and that whole all God's creatures thing, I hate them.
- I need to look at my calendar and take some days off. I'm feeling burned out with things.
- Beatrix's hive was all crazy. They've got brood and larva and honey, but also have comb everywhere. I mean, everywhere. They are definitely my "creative" hive.
- I would like a nap.
at 11:05 AM
July 27, 2014
July 26, 2014
I turned away two phone calls and a knock at the door looking for C-man while he's up north playing. Only children are introverted and socially dysfunctional, they said. Yeah, I'll be sure to tell him when he returns from a weekend of playing with his cousins.
Meanwhile, I got to talk with the beekeeper at the farmers market, mow my lawn, take a long walk along the lake, and pick up C-man's room. Tonight, we head to the beer garden with friends.
Summer. It's a good, good thing.
at 2:44 PM