- Ellie, the 16 year old dog we've been sitting for since Thursday night, goes home tonight. C-man is sad.
- At least she got to stay an extra night because her owner's plane was really delayed. And since C-man was gone Saturday and Sunday, he was really thrilled to be able to sleep with her last night.
- I grabbed 17 frames of honey off two beehives and am going to start extracting them tonight so I can put them back this weekend. I purchased 24 new frames (3 honey supers), and it still wasn't enough!
- That should be over 50 pounds of honey.
- I hadn't intended on taking that much honey from them, but since they need the space, I didn't have much of a choice. Now to find enough bottles!
- I was trying to be nice and rescue the couple of stragglers left on the honey frames in the totes I was taking home. One stung me in the leg. It must have been like the Alamo - she felt she was going down one way or another.
- The other day, a beekeeping show was on PBS. My phone blew up from all the people letting me know. That was awesome.
- Everyone is complaining about this heat, but I'm loving it. I remember January!
July 25, 2016
at 12:00 PM
July 24, 2016
July 23, 2016
C-man is with his cousins in Northern Wisconsin. So after a hot park run with Beasley and Ellie (the dog we're watching this weekend), and a leisurely brunch, I'm calling it a lazy Saturday. Well, there's house cleanup to do, but that's no big deal. It's too hot to cut the grass, and too hot to do much else. So laziness Saturday until it's time to meet up with friends. I like it.
at 1:14 PM